privacy & security statement
BizRun, LLC (“BizRun”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) has created this Privacy and Security Statement (“Privacy Statement”) in order to demonstrate our commitment to you, our user (“you” or “your”) regarding your privacy with respect to information we may collect from you or you may submit to us by or through the BizRun.com website, ui.BizRun.com website, and/or other websites operated by BizRun (collectively, the “Websites”) or Services (defined below), whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse Websites), a “Subscriber” of BizRun (which means you have either registered with BizRun and established an account or otherwise entered into a separate agreement with BizRun, with respect to the Websites and/or Services), or you are an employee, contractor or agent of a business, organization or individual that uses the Services for commercial purposes (a “Business Subscriber”), using the Websites or Services in your capacity as an employee, contractor or agent of that Subscriber (a “Business Subscriber User”). Visitors, Subscribers and Business Subscriber Users are each referred to individually as a “User” and collectively as “Users”.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Websites and Services to you. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily. When you register with us and create an account, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address and phone number. We may request additional optional information to support your access to the Websites or Services. When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we may collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Websites or Services you are able to use. Please note that if you are a Business Subscriber User, we may receive Personal Information about you from your Employer. If you are a Subscriber that has purchased the Services through one of our resellers, we may receive from them Personal Information they have collected.
We use a third-party payment processing service to process subscriptions and to charge and collect subscription fees, which may include the collection of certain information, including credit card numbers and associated billing information. This billing information is collected, retained and processed pursuant to, and is governed by, the policies and procedures of our third-party payment processing service.
The contents of Imported Data can include both Personal Information and Anonymous Information such as email addresses, home addresses, telephone numbers and other content communicated over email or inside contact fields. We collect Imported Data that you have requested for us to collect from authorized third-party websites. If you are a Business Subscriber User your Employer may have designated the Imported Data or authorized our Services on your behalf. We will associate your Imported Data with your Personal Information or your Anonymous Information, as applicable.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Websites.
Use of Information
We will use your Personal Information:
- To present the Websites and their contents to you and/or your Employer;
- To administer your account or the account of your Employer;
- To provide you and/or your Employer with Services and customer support;
- To tailor features of the Websites or Services;
- To respond to requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- To verify your compliance with obligations in our Terms of Service;
- To communicate with you and/or your Employer about the Websites and Services;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (or your Employer and us), including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you and/or your Employer to participate in interactive features on the Websites;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Information
It is our general policy to restrict who can access Personal Information. Except as stated otherwise in this Privacy Statement, we do not trade, rent or share with/to third parties the Personal Information we collect, unless you ask or authorize us to do so.
We may provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers who work on our behalf or with us to provide features of the Websites or Services and communicate with you. Types of third-party service providers may include the following:
- Email service providers, to send emails on our behalf
- Credit card processing companies, to process payments
- Export tool service providers, to export certain information for our Google Apps services
- Customer service companies, to provide customer service
We may also disclose Personal Information and/or Imported Data:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BizRun’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by BizRun about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information and/or Imported Data if we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any court order, applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental or regulatory request;
- Enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of BizRun, its users or the public, as required or permitted by law, including the exchange of information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Your California Privacy Rights
Social Media Features and Widgets
We have put into place reasonable security measures designed to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information when our Websites are accessed using modern versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari. Secure Sockets Layer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security) technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption. BizRun also implements an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications. We also host the Websites in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to help prevent interference or access from outside intruders. These safeguards help prevent unauthorized access, as well as maintain data accuracy and appropriate use of Personal Information.
Correcting and Updating Your Information
Users who would like to update, delete inaccuracies or change information associated with their accounts may do so at any time either by sending us an email stating your request to Support@BizRun.com. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days. If you change and/or request changes to your information, subsequent uses or disclosures of that information by us will reflect those changes. Please note, however, that we are not able to update any information previously disclosed to any third party.
Distinctions for Business Subscriber Users
For purposes of this Correcting & Updating Your Information section, if the applicable User is an Employer, such Employer may:
- Request a copy of its Business Subscriber Users’ Imported Data;
- Prohibit deletion of its Business Subscriber Users’ Imported Data without the Employer’s consent; and
- Request deletion of its Business Subscriber Users’ Personal Information without the Business Subscriber User’s consent.
Notification of Changes
This Privacy Statement is a living document and we reserve the right to modify it at any time. If we make material changes to how we treat our Users’ Personal Information or Imported Data and you have provided us with your current email address, we will notify you at that email address of such change. In the event either that you have provided us with an invalid or incomplete email address or we do not have your email address on file, a notice of such change will be posted at the Websites. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Privacy Statement to check for any changes.
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding our privacy statement at firstname.lastname@example.org